More magical than ever.
The new AirPods
— complete with Wireless Charging Case
— deliver the wireless headphone experience, reimagined.
Just pull them out of the case
and they’re ready to use with your iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad, or Mac.
After a simple one-tap setup, AirPods work like magic.
They’re automatically on and always connected.
AirPods can even sense when they’re in your ears and pause when you take them out.
To adjust the volume, change the song, make a call, or even get directions, simply say “Hey Siri” and make your request.
You have the freedom to wear one or both AirPods,
and you can play or skip forward with a double-tap
when listening to music or podcasts.
Charge your AirPods quickly and easily with the Wireless Charging Case.
Just set the case down on a Qi-compatible charging mat
and let it charge.
The LED indicator on the front of the case lets you know that your AirPods are charging.
And when you’re away from a charging mat,
you can use the Lightning port to charge.
AirPods deliver 5 hours of listening time and 3 hours of talk time on a single charge.
And they’re made to keep up with you,
thanks to a Wireless Charging Case
that holds multiple charges for more than 24 hours of listening time.
Need a quick charge?
Just 15 minutes in the case gives you 3 hours of listening time or 2 hours of talk time.
Powered by the all-new Apple H1 headphone chip,
AirPods use optical sensors and motion accelerometers to detect when they’re in your ears.
Whether you’re using both AirPods or just one,
the H1 chip automatically routes the audio and engages the microphone.
And when you’re on a call or talking to Siri,
an additional speech-detecting accelerometer works with beamforming microphones
to filter out external noise and focus on the sound of your voice.
- Designed by Apple
- Automatically on, automatically connected
- Easy setup for all your Apple devices
- Quick access to Siri by saying “Hey Siri” or setting up double-tap
- Double-tap to play or skip forward
- Charges quickly in the case
- Case can be charged either wirelessly using a Qi-compatible charging mat or with the Lightning connector
- Rich, high-quality audio and voice
- Seamless switching between devices
Dual beamforming microphones
Dual optical sensors
H1 headphone chip
Double-tap to play, skip forward, or answer a phone call
Say “Hey Siri” to do things like play a song, make a call, or get directions
Size and Weight
Height: 1.59 inches (40.5 mm)
Width: 0.65 inch (16.5 mm)
Depth: 0.71 inch (18.0 mm)
Weight: 0.14 ounce (4 grams)
Height: 2.11 inches (53.5 mm)
Width: 1.74 inches (44.3 mm)
Depth: 0.84 inch (21.3 mm)
Weight: 1.41 ounces (40 grams)
Works with Qi-certified chargers or the Lightning connector
Up to 5 hours of listening time with a single charge
Up to 3 hours of talk time with a single charge
AirPods with Wireless Charging Case
More than 24 hours of listening time
Up to 18 hours of talk time
15 minutes in the case provides up to 3 hours listening time or up to 2 hours talk time
Accessibility features help people with disabilities get the most out of their new AirPods.
Live Listen audio
iPhone and iPod touch models with the latest version of iOS
iPad models with the latest version of iPadOS
Apple Watch models with the latest version of watchOS
Mac models with the latest version of macOS
Apple TV models with the latest version of tvOS
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone SE (2nd generation)
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation)
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch
- iPad Air (4th generation)
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad Air 2
- iPad (8th generation)
- iPad (7th generation)
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- iPad (5th generation)
- iPad mini 4
- MacBook Air (M1, 2020)
- MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2020)
- MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018 – 2019)
- MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015 – 2017)
- MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020)
- MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016 – 2019)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016 and later)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012 – 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2012 – 2015)
- MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015 – 2017)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019 and later)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019 and later)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014 – 2015)
- iMac Pro (2017 and later)
- Mac Pro (2019)
- Mac Pro (Late 2013)
- Mac mini (M1, 2020)
- Mac mini (2018 – 2020)
- Mac mini (Late 2014)
Apple Watch Models
- Apple Watch Series 6
- Apple Watch SE
- Apple Watch Series 5
- Apple Watch Series 4
- Apple Watch Series 3
- Apple Watch Series 2
- Apple Watch Series 1
Apple TV Models
What’s in the Box
- Wireless Charging Case
- Lightning to USB-A Cable